Contact the Humane Society of Kawartha Lakes
Executive Director - Henny Venus
Ontario SPCA Agent - Donna
Shelter Manager - Courtney
Animal Care - Josh
Animal Care - Emily
Animal Care - Katey
Animal Care - Mckayla
Animal Care - Nina
Bookkeeper - Helen
Community Relations Coordinator - Katie
Chief Executive Cat-In-Charge - Skammer
HSKL Board of Directors:
President - Mike Cavanagh
Vice-President - Laurie Bickle
Secretary - Janice Skinner
Director - Pat Peace
Director - Eileen Duncan
Director - Bruce Dyer
We are always looking for new Board members!
Submit your resume/letter of interest to:
email@example.com or give us a call at 705-878-4618 and ask to speak with Henny.
We Are Hiring!
Office Support - Part time contract - 24 hrs per week
The Office Support/Receptionist role will be to provide overall administrative/secretarial and clerical assistance to staff and Executive Director, while also helping volunteers. This position is the primary contact with visitors, potential adopters, etc.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, phone/fax/emails, customer service, appointment making, cleaning/organizing of the lobby and reception area. Performing adoptions, dealing with by-law, accepting donations and other tasks as required.
Included, but not limited to:
- Provide office support in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the office environment
- Interact with clients/visitors with courtesy and efficiency and ensure that they have an exceptional client experience.
- Processes all cash/debit/credit/cheque and in-kind donations received within a timely manner. As well as handle payments for adoptions, surrenders, by-law, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- A self-starter who is well-organized, detail oriented, efficient and an effective communicator.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Office management and administration with strong phone, computer, office equipment and customer-service skills. Willing to learn shelter’s policies and procedures.
- Team attitude and the ability to work courteously and effectively with the public.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy in work, and the ability to work without supervision and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions, be flexible, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle money, including donations, accurately and competently.
- Understanding and maintaining of confidentiality.
- Must be flexible to perform a variety of duties, including maintaining the appearance of front lobby.
- Must not have allergies limiting or affecting exposure to animals.
- Must be able to lift various sized bags of pet food and cat litter.
- Class G Drivers License is preferred.
- Must have completed grade 12 education or equivalent.
Please apply by November 9 , 2018 to:
Henny Venus, Executive Director
107 McLaughlin Road
Lindsay, ON K9V 6K5
We thank each individual for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Connecting pets and people"