COVID-19 and HSKL
March 25, 2020
Woof, Meow, Thank You!
Thank you for continuing to support the shelter and the animals in our care. We could not survive this uncertain time without the help of this strong community.
We are happy to inform you that animal welfare services, such as ours, was included in the list of Essential Workplaces. This means that we will still be here for you and any pets that need our help.
Please realize that we are keeping the amount of people in the shelter to a minimum. We encourage the public to visit hskl.ca, phone or email us with questions.
What’s going on at HSKL…
- Extra cleaning by our staff and volunteers.
- Adoptions are encouraged! Visit our pets at hskl.ca or on social media, give us a call and we will get the adoption process going. We also have pets ready for their forever homes at PetSmart in Peterborough.
- Pets that need to be re-homed or found as strays will be accepted, but you must call to make an appointment. We are unable to accommodate walk-ins at this time.
- Our Food Bank is available for those in need, but you must phone us first.
- Royal Canin food purchases can be done by calling the shelter and paying over the phone. We will set the food aside for you to pick up, as we will not deliver.
- Donations of cleaning supplies are always welcome. Items can be left at our back door.
- Current and new Monthly Donors are appreciated more than ever! These donations bring us predictability in this very unpredictable time. To learn more about becoming a Monthly Donor, visit hskl.ca and click our ‘Monthly Donor Club’ link.
- One time monetary donations can be made at hskl.ca or over the phone.
We are here for you! Please, do leave a message with your name, phone number and the reason why you called and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Remember, we have limited staff.
Thank you for your understanding and support! Take care of yourselves and we will see you soon!
Your HSKL Team,
Henny, Courtney, Katey, Mckayla, Leeanne, Nina, Helen and Katie
For full Happy Tails stories, please visit our Facebook page!
We love getting photos and updates. Email us today at email@example.com