HSKL Wish List
We realize that not everyone is in a position to support our shelter financially. There may be items you have in your home that you no longer have a need for. We are grateful for our wish list donors who help us help the animals by donating products each month.
Top Needed Items - March/April:
- Newspaper-based kitty litter - ex. Yesterday's News
- Cleaning products - ex. Windex, Lysol, etc.
Animal Care Items
- Cat Litter (Unscented, non-clumping is preferred, but we’ll take any kind!)
- Newspaper Based Litter (such as, Yesterday’s News)
- Litter Boxes (all sizes)
- Royal Canin Dry and wet food (preferred brand)
- Royal Canin BabyCat canned food & Mother & BabyCat Dry food (preferred brand)
- KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement)
- Dog Leashes/Collars
- Quality dog and cat toys (nothing with small or easy to rip-off parts, feathers, ribbons, string)
- Q-Tips/Cotton Swabs
- Cotton Balls/Cotton Pads
- Rags, towels, sheets, pillow cases
- Brushes and combs
- Nail clippers
Everyday Shelter Needs
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Liquid Laundry Soap (High Efficiency/HE)
- Glass and Multi-Purpose Cleaner
- Hand Sanitizer
- Clear Garbage Bags
- Corn Brooms
- Scrub Brushes
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Disposable and Rubber Gloves
- First Aid Items
- Small Hand Brooms with Dust Pans
- Laundry Baskets
- Postage Stamps
- White Photocopy Paper
- Post-It Notes
- Dry Erase Boards
- Dry Erase Markers
- Safety Salt/Sand
- Metal Storage Shed
- Pressure Washer
- Snow Shovels
- Electric Start Snow Blower
- Cat/Dog Carriers
- Stainless Steel Cat Cages
- Rubbermaid/Large Storage Totes wth Lids
- Pet Store Gift Cards
- Grooming Gift Cards
- Canadian Tire Money/Gift Cards
- TSC Store Gift Cards
- Giant Tiger Gift Cards
- Grocery Store Gift Cards
- Gas cards
- Oil changes, tire rotations, etc. gift cards for shelter truck and van
Did You Know?
We have a wish list on Amazon!
Cut and paste this link! https://www.amazon.ca/gp/registry/wishlist/197MB16CBGBJE
Pet Food Bank
We accept dry dog and cat food, even opened bags, as long as it is not expired. This food is used to help those going through rough patches, that may not have the funds to purchase food for their pet(s).
If you need a helping hand in feeding your pet, you can visit us and ask to be part of our Food Bank program. This program is designed to help residents of the City of Kawartha Lakes to feed their pets when finances are tight.
Please note, this program is for occasional assistance. Food is on a first-come, first-served bases and limited. We reserve the right to refuse requests.
For more information, please contact us at 705-878-4618.