Report Abuse

We encourage the public to call Ontario SPCA’s dedicated cruelty hotline at...
310-SPCA (7722)  This call is FREE!

Abuse needs to be reported as soon as possible!  

To report suspected animal abuse contact your local police department, the Ontario SPCA at 310-SPCA (7722) or 1-888-668-7722 ext. 327 or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).


Pets left in HOT CARS is ABUSE!  Call the police or 310-SPCA if you see a pet left in a hot car.  Remember, just because a window is rolled down, does not mean the pet is safe from heat stroke!


Ontario Farm Animal Care Helpline Services

Contact the Ontario Farm Animal Care Helpline to assist farmers who are unwilling or unable to maintain acceptable conditions for their farm animals (or if you are a farmer experiencing difficulties) and concerns will be relayed to the appropriate group.


Illegal Slaughter Hotline

If you have any information regarding meat-processing activities which you think may be illegal, please contact the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA).



If you have any information regarding concerns for wildlife, please contact the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR).


Food Production and Humane Transport

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency plays an important role in providing protection for animals used in food production (CFIA).


Public Health

Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.